Man hospitalised after suspected suicide attempt
A 31-year-old man remains in hospital after he entered the water from a bridge on East Bay Street on Saturday night in what is being treated as a suspected suicide attempt.
Police probe suspicious fires in west Grand Bahama
TWO separate house fires in West Grand Bahama on Wednesday have left several people displaced, with police investigating both blazes as possible criminal matters.
‘Pockets of The Bahamas set for best year in history’
Sir Franklyn Wilson yesterday asserted that “pockets of The Bahamas will experience their best year in history” in 2026 while conceding that complaints the economic benefits are not being felt by all will always be “the reality”.
Davis administration reaffirms ‘zero-tolerance’ for corruption
WITH its term nearing an end and little tangible progress to point to on corruption and accountability, the Davis administration yesterday reaffirmed its “zero-tolerance” stance after a US defence attorney publicly accused Bahamian institutions of being steeped in drug money and corruption.
Pair of siblings charged over vulgar shanty demolition clash
TWO Eleuthera property owners were formally charged yesterday over a confrontation that erupted during a government demolition exercise in Spanish Wells earlier this month, an incident that was purportedly captured on video and widely circulated on social media.
PMH accident and emergency nearing full occupancy
HEALTH officials say the long-delayed Accident and Emergency redevelopment at Princess Margaret Hospital is finally nearing full occupancy, with the government now projecting that the newly renovated department will be completely operational within the next six weeks.
US men remanded as Crown appeals bail in illegal fishing case
TWO American men accused of illegally operating a fishing vessel in Bahamian waters on 17 occasions over the past two years were remanded yesterday after the prosecution successfully stayed their bail pending an appeal.
Fred's last dance
PLP chairman and Fox Hill MP Fred Mitchell said he does not expect to campaign again for the party’s chairmanship as he signalled he has “one campaign left” focused on reelection in Fox Hill.
Teenager granted bail in Kemp Road firearm case
A 17-year-old boy accused of possessing a loaded firearm near Kemp Road earlier this week was granted bail yesterday.
Arresting officer denies beating suspect in attempted murder trial
A POLICE officer yesterday denied assaulting a man who is on trial for allegedly attempting to shoot two police officers with a rifle at St Lucia Crescent in 2022.
Court of Appeal orders new bail hearing for man accused of killing prison officer
A MAN accused of killing a Bahamas Department of Correctional Services officer has had his bid for bail revived after the Court of Appeal set aside a Supreme Court judge’s refusal and ordered the application to be reheard.
RBDF marine among two men charged in Carmichael shooting and robbery
TWO men accused of aiding in the robbery and shooting of a woman near a business on Carmichael Road last week were remanded to prison yesterday.
Palmetto Point medical facility set for 2026 finish
THE Davis administration says the long-promised Palmetto Point Advanced Medical Facility on Eleuthera remains on track for completion by the end of 2026, though officials acknowledge that delays in sourcing specialised materials could test that timeline.
Heads of Agreement signed for $283m New Providence Specialty Hospital
The Ministry of Health says progress continues on the proposed specialty hospital, with a key financing document now sent to Beijing for finalisation.
Davis calls for unity as PLP ratifies second slate of candidates
THE Progressive Liberal Party last night ratified its second slate of candidates ahead of the next general election during an event at party headquarters, drawing a large and energetic crowd of supporters.


