Stay home and avoid crowds, magistrate warns drug offender
A magistrate on Friday urged a young man to avoid risky situations after convicting him of possessing Indian hemp and placing him on probation.
Abaco and Crooked Island experience power outages
DAYS after experiencing a power outage, parts of Abaco and Crooked Island were hit with another disruption over the weekend.
Bahamas warns citizens not to travel to Venezuela amid security crisis
The Government of The Bahamas has advised Bahamians not to travel to Venezuela, citing escalating security concerns following US military action in the country.
US strikes Venezuela, captures Maduro and his wife
The United States hit Venezuela with a “large-scale strike” early Saturday and said President Nicolás Maduro and his wife were captured and flown out of the country.
Man charged with stealing church vehicle
A MAN was accused of stealing a vehicle belonging to the South Bahamas Conference of Seventh-day Adventists over the summer.
Haiti bound passenger caught with $18K
A MAN bound for Haiti was stopped at the airport after authorities found more than $18,000 hidden in his luggage and clothing.
Man and young girl wounded after gunfire erupts in Pinewood home
GUNFIRE tore through a Pinewood Gardens home just after midday on December 31, leaving a 48-year-old man and a juvenile girl wounded.
Eight Bahamians recognised in King’s New Year Honours list
EIGHT Bahamians have been recognised in King Charles III’s 2026 New Year Honours, with awards spanning business, religion, tourism, education, the arts and community service.
Knowles promises new plan after prisoner bus collision
POLICE Commissioner Shanta Knowles said officials are working on a new plan for transporting inmates after a rush-hour crash involving a police prison bus left a 21-year-old man hospitalised at the foot of the Sir Sidney Poitier Bridge last month.
Brothers awarded $15k each after wrongful ‘Fat Boy’ arrest
TWO brothers who were wrongly detained by police on suspicion of murder for nearly 24 hours have each been awarded $15,000 in damages by the Supreme Court.
Bowleg says era of 12-hour Junkanoo parade must end
THE era of 12-hour Junkanoo parades must come to an end, Youth, Sports and Culture Minister Mario Bowleg said yesterday as frustration mounted this season over lengthy delays that left many spectators waiting through the night.
CLEAN SWEEP: One Family captures captures second consecutive Bay Street victory
ONE Family tightened its grip on Bay Street yesterday, capturing the New Year’s Day title to complete a back-to-back sweep after winning the Boxing Day parade days earlier.
Police investigate death of seven-year-old girl
POLICE are investigating the death of a seven-year-old girl who died after reportedly ingesting a food product yesterday.
Fox hits out at political parties in New Year message
AMBASSADOR-at-Large Rick Fox has again publicly criticised the country’s political parties, renewing calls for reform and transparency in a New Year’s message — the latest broadside from a diplomat appointed by the sitting administration who has signalled his intention to enter frontline politics.
Man accused of stealing over $5k from Kidz College
A MAN was accused of stealing more than $5,000 worth of property from Kidz College last month.


